What's new
What's new

Hendey lathe #16288 any possible information would be appreciated from the Hendy man

Sorry supposed to say Hendey lathe and Hendey man I have had this lathe for quite some time and have always want to join. And find out any information I now have the time. Will post pictures of my old equipment I’ve been collecting for over 50 years.As soon as I can get one of my children to help me.

Kcrider:

Hendey lathe No.16288, a 14 x 6 Cone Head model, was scheduled for completion during the first week of June 1915. It was shipped with a
Taper Attachment and an Oil Pan. This lathe has a Double walled Apron, a new style Gear Box, Carriage and Cross Slide. The original owner
was the Helfrecht Machine Company, Saginaw, Michigan. At a later date, it was owned by the D&L Machine Company, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
There are no longer any Patterns, Castings or Repair Parts left in inventory for this lathe, but all of the original drawings are still in the files , so parts can be made if required.

Hendeyman

Thanks so much to Johnoder and the Hendeyman.I was lucky to buy this machine 20 or more years ago with all tooling included.It has Lima gearbox with a 3hp 3 phase motor. I run it off a 5 hp phase converter. Everything works great on it and ounce I learned how to thread with it I was in love. I sold my worchester lathe that I had spent six months restoring. I own a Barnes camelback drill press with backgear and power feed also a fay and Eagan 36 inch bandsaw, the footbert drillpress and many other turn of the century .machines. There like a drug to me I can’t pass them up. Complete rebuild and most of the machines I use. Always trying to find a good home for the ones I don’t. If I got a little windy in my response it’s because I’ve been following you guys since I had access to the Internet. It made me feel great to hear from you guys. Will post pictures as soon as I can get one of my children to help me for the first time. Thank you so much

Back