What's new
What's new

Hidden City Philadelph ,The Budd Company: An Industrial Icon That Broke The Mold

Jim Christie

Titanium
A friend that doesn’t usually visit this forum sent me a link to this article.
The Budd Company: An Industrial Icon That Broke The Mold
The Budd Company: An Industrial Icon That Broke The Mold | Hidden City Philadelphia
I thought some folks here might like to see it as well.
I haven’t read it all yet but there are some neat photos.
There are also some other neat looking articles that turned up when I clicked on the “historic manufacturing” tag at the top of the page above.
Hidden City Philadelphia | Tag archive for historic manufacturing

Home Page Hidden City Philadelphia | Home
Regards,
Jim

Fantastic photo collection that has somehow managed to survive.
Budd and ShotWelding came into my knowledge base when I was digging into the shipbuilding of JH Odenbach's 1937 lining his new Dolomite 4 with high nickel SS so she could go into service hauling liquid caustic from Louisiana to Maryland to produce the new miracle Rayon in sufficient quantity for World War II.

Now, if I can just find the bible of the pipe organ in Wanamaker's department store I'll be happy.

I don't have anything to add about Budd, but another of the Hidden City articles cited above

Flexible Flyer Factory Glides Into Obscurity | Hidden City Philadelphia

details--somewhat incorrectly--the history of the S.L. Allen Company (makers of sleds and farm implements) building which my family owned for awhile.

Another Hidden City article has some history of what was the last remaining building of my family's iron works, published at the time we sold the building in April of this year:

Old Iron Works In Logan Square To Face The Wrecking Ball | Hidden City Philadelphia

Back