What's new
What's new

Holbrook C16.

More pics and info when I get her home.
It`s not as bad as it looks, the important parts were greased before storage. It needs a bit of TLC, but we all do at this age, 1950`s I think?
There are not many of these about, I know of 4 now,there could be a few more?

More pics and info when I get her home.
It`s not as bad as it looks, the important parts were greased before storage. It needs a bit of TLC, but we all do at this age, 1950`s I think?
There are not many of these about, I know of 4 now,there could be a few more?

I have a C13, it's a wonderful machine. I think you will like it.

Nice one - let em dry off then a good sandblasting and take it from there. :)

I haven't yet tried moles-asses as chelating agent vs spendy evap-o-rust, but ISTR it only takes about 10% of it in water?

Given how wet, and for how long, all this stuff has already been, it wouldn't take much spend nor all than large a volume to give it a try BEFORE messy media blasting, would it?

Instead of Evapo-rust I have used electrolysis instead (sorry Evapo-rust, not economical because of size).We shall see how it goes after 24 hours, fingers x

Instead of Evapo-rust I have used electrolysis instead (sorry Evapo-rust, not economical because of size).We shall see how it goes after 24 hours, fingers x

Be aware of at least "anecdotal evidence" that reverse-electrolysis seems to harm SPRINGS. Also hardened pins and such.

Suspicion is it is more aggressive along a hardened alloy's "crystaline" demarcations at the nano-level.

See also "anode shadow" and either move the anode(s) or move the item periodically.

As with chellating agents, but "more so", avoid less that FULL immersion.

Bad things happen at the air/electrolyte demarcation line when partially above liquid.

HOPEFULLY . .none of that was "news" and you had already sorted it in advance?

Back