What's new
What's new

Honden / Crown Lathe Wiring

PancakeCritter

Plastic
Hello,

I recently acquired a 1984 Crown lathe I am attempting to revive. It seems to be similar to the Honden lathes of this era. Unfortunately some of the wiring isn’t complete. Would anyone with a Honden or similar be willing to upload a picture of their wiring box?

Thanks,
Alex

oJy7U8U.jpg

FOD3WYK.jpg

Perhaps a better question is...who can assist in wiring a single phase, 110V, start capacitor with start/stop switch? I'm looking for generic wiring diagrams but somehow failing on what seems to be a basic configuration.

Place I worked at back in 1985 had a Jet lathe very similar to this one. Motor burned out, replaced and added a typical on-off switch in place of all of the junky push buttons and contactors. Just a typical household light switch! Still working like that until they sold off that section of the shop. I would do the same here if it was me. Sorry I'm not of much help here. There is a section here just for posting electrical issues like this. May get better response there. Ken

Place I worked at back in 1985 had a Jet lathe very similar to this one. Motor burned out, replaced and added a typical on-off switch in place of all of the junky push buttons and contactors. Just a typical household light switch! Still working like that until they sold off that section of the shop. I would do the same here if it was me. Sorry I'm not of much help here. There is a section here just for posting electrical issues like this. May get better response there. Ken

Thank you Ken, I will take a look. I looked at it for a while last night and I think I almost have it sorted. Will report back if I get it running.

Back