What's new
What's new

I bought a 74 your old compressor with a Quincy 325 – 14 pump.

mark_b

Aluminum
I found this compressor on Marketplace it was in a chicken hatchery it’s whole life.
Someone bought the building and needed the space.
I ended getting it for $100. The pump seems to be around 1970. Because the record of change number.
The tank is just under ¼” steel.

It was 3 phase motor so I just ordered a Leeson 5 HP single phase 1740 rpm motor.
A magnetic starter new pressure switch.

I can't upload pictures yet.

I found this compressor on Marketplace it was in a chicken hatchery it’s whole life.
Someone bought the building and needed the space.
I ended getting it for $100. The pump seems to be around 1970. Because the record of change number.
The tank is just under ¼” steel.

It was 3 phase motor so I just ordered a Leeson 5 HP single phase 1740 rpm motor.
A magnetic starter new pressure switch.

I can't upload pictures yet.

What is your reason for posting ?
What question doo you have ?

Please search the archives, many postings about compressors.

It has two unloader towers but it was not setup to do continuous run.
There seems to be a few people here with this compressor.
I thought maybe someone else had setup continuous run feature they would not mind sharing.
But I am, not at that point. I am still pressure washing it. I need to open the pump up.
Look at the valves. The oil looks clean so that is a good sign.

Awesome pump. Don't open it up until you have test run it. Find out what, if anything is wrong with it THEN do a valve service on it. You will possibly need new unloader diaphragms due to age. These won't automatically come with the valve service kit.075.jpg

I will be draining inspecting/cleaning the sump. I can’t wait to see what it looks like in there.

@dundeeshopnut

Thanks for the advice.
I ordered a new oil pressure gauge and new diaphragms for it. Those have rubber in them I can’t imagine those surviving.
Yours looks great what is its ROC number?

Yours has the continuous run feature. Can you post a closer picture of the pluming by the hydraulic unloader. I would like to add this feature to mine.

Tied down and on its way home two 1/2 hours one way to get it.
20210210_181552.jpg

Before and after (Still cleaning it but the weather has not helped)
inCollage_20210212_224110225.jpg

The tank tag. It had so much oil on it there is no rust on the out side of the tank.
20210210_211117.jpg

I was not able to post pictures with chrome but using IE I could post them.

I see yours is on a vertical tank.:eek: please be careful and do NOT allow it to tip over as the pump alone weighs 300 pounds and you will not be able to stop it! Doesn't help that you removed the counterweight [motor] too. I'd bolt it to a big skid until you give it a permanent address.

Good idea. Once I test the pump, I will be talking it off also so I can paint the tank. I need to inspect/Hydro test the tank some more but I put a small camera in it and it looked pretty good so far.
They are crazy top heavy. You can see how many tiedowns I used,

I had to drive on the interstate 70 MPH I did not want it to fall over.

I have to weigh the motor but I bet it was 150-200 pounds. It was very heavy.
20210213_000142.jpg

I had a 325-13 horizontal. It came out of a shop that had made every Washington State Patrol badge for over 100 years. Mine had slung a bunch of oil out of the pulley side crankshaft seal. I put in a new seal, sprayed it down with degreaser and let it sit in the sun for a bit and then pressure washed it. Way mo bettah.

I had that compressor for a long time. The wife said we're moving so I started selling stuff including that compressor. Then she changed her mind but that didn't get me my Quincy back. I miss the throaty thrum of that beast.

Quincy has a service network. Call your local service center and speak to the service manager. I think you'll find that your 325-14 is well supported.

metalmagpie

I get all my parts from Pacific Air compressors. {Local dealers are arrogant pricks who told me we don't stock parts for it, throw it out and buy a new one.:angry:] Guy at Pacific by the name of Mike Henneger who knows his $#it. I'm sure he can recite part numbers backwards in his sleep.

I had a 325-13 horizontal. It came out of a shop that had made every Washington State Patrol badge for over 100 years. Mine had slung a bunch of oil out of the pulley side crankshaft seal. I put in a new seal, sprayed it down with degreaser and let it sit in the sun for a bit and then pressure washed it. Way mo bettah.

I had that compressor for a long time. The wife said we're moving so I started selling stuff including that compressor. Then she changed her mind but that didn't get me my Quincy back. I miss the throaty thrum of that beast.

Quincy has a service network. Call your local service center and speak to the service manager. I think you'll find that your 325-14 is well supported.

metalmagpie

Looking again at the pictures of mine. It has to be leaking from the seal on the pulley side. In the manual it just shows the seal and the cover together.
I was able to find a document that had the seal number saying it would fit my cover. 6316 I found just the seal on eBay last night and I have one coming.
My intercoolers were caked solid with dirt and oil. That oil had to come from somewhere. It was not expensive so by some slim chance it is not leaking then I will have the seal on hand.

Awesome pump. Don't open it up until you have test run it. Find out what, if anything is wrong with it THEN do a valve service on it. You will possibly need new unloader diaphragms due to age. These won't automatically come with the valve service kit.View attachment 313994

Yours has the continuous run feature. Can you post a closer picture of the pluming by the hydraulic unloader. I would like to add this feature to mine.

Mark, i'm glad you are at least thinking about the integrity of the tank. Years of unknown / deferred maintenance are always a factor on used equipment. Jim

Back