What's new
What's new

I didn't buy 21" Betts Slotter for $800.00

47nomad

Cast Iron
Hi all, went to an auction in Dayton Ohio Monday March 16 2020. It was a Machine Shop Gedico International that had been in business since around 1942 They specialized in machining large parts.It was a treasure trove of things that are hard to find all in one spot. Bargains everywhere. I didn't even bid on the Betts slotter but I did get one lot of the tooling for it. The lot I got sold the first time to an internet buyer for $750.00 but he backed out and wouldn't pay for it. They auctioned it again and I got the same lot of tooling for $125.00. Go figure. My lot number was lot 51A. I got many other things at that auction and there were many killer deals. Not sure about providing a link but everything is still on their site and listed with the selling prices and photos. There were hundreds of lots not listed but only sold to onsite bidders like me.

I considered going but it looked like mostly big iron that I wouldn't want to move, although that HBM would be have been sweet. Lots like the old slotter sold well compared to some of the other big machines. I wish I had known there were tons of unlisted lots. Hope things are going well for you.

Mike

I had the link but did not keep it.
Here is an old Bickford VBM that sold for either $225 or $250.
They also had an old Niles VBM.

Rob

Attachments

• Bickford boring mill 13.jpg
    Bickford boring mill 13.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 267
The only gear stuff was possibly some cutters for a horizontal mill. I didn't look closely enough at those to know for sure. Most of those were in large unlisted lots. I forgot to mention I got the tooling for the planer also. I've never seen so many unlisted lots at an auction before. All good stuff and things easy to carry home. Some of the listed lots were only put on the web site the day before the auction.

Yeah, somebody got them a 10 foot stroke Rockford open side planer for $325!!!! Of course,it may cost $5 grand to move it!!!

True, BOTOH in this day and age you only need 1 job that ONLY a 10ft open side planer can do, and you'll have your money back - and more ;)

Back