What's new
What's new

I need help identifying this press

timmaa

Plastic
I got this from my wife's grandfather. He had passed away before we met hrr grandma didn't know anything about his tools or where he put any paperwork for them. I think it's an Atlas but not sure as the badge on the front is worn down. I also acquired a Atlas bench grinder and the badge on it looks very similar to the press. It's completely cast iron. It took me and my cousin to pick it up. We are not little guys. I'll update post with more pics when I get home.

Attachments

• 20181118_191952.jpg
    20181118_191952.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 315
Is the head casting and front belt guard one piece? I believe the Atlas belt guard is separate and bolts on. The W/T guard has a ridge or flange at the back which this one does not. I don't think Delta either and definately not Buffalo.

Tom B.

The head and belt guard is one piece. After looking at the W/T DP pictures it does look more like those than the Atlas. The Badge on the head cast right below the belt guard is round with a red background and looks like silver lettering. Only reason I thought it might be an Atlas is because the motor is a Atlas motor but I know that's not a good way as any motor can be used.

I think I may have figured out what it is. Canedy-Otto Royal. Not sure if these are any good but it did run smooth until the old belt cracked when I actually tried to drill a hole in some wood. Anyone have opinions on this brand?

I found this and the one on the right the is Canedy-Otto. To me it looks exactly like what I got.9238-A.jpg

We have some larger swing Royal drill press's in the shop with similar design features. The split casting quill lock, quill spring cover, tilting motor bracket, and front belt guard all look familiar to our machines.
Royal gangdrill 2.jpg
(old pic from when it was still in storage)

Back