What's new
What's new

I see my photobucket photos have disappeared again? Why?

rivett608

Diamond
I noticed the other day my photos here on the PM that are hosted on photobucket disappeared. I thought it might be an iPad thing but it is that way on the computer as well. Anyone know what is going on? Are they trying the same crap they tried a year and a half ago?

Thanks,

I believe your photos disappeared just like their business model did. At least your photos existed at one time, unlike their business plan.

Tiny Calipers was the closest post of yours to hand, so I opened it and could see your pictures in the first post. They have a photobucket watermark on them that probably stays there if you copy and print the picture.

Larry

Right click on the box and select "view image". It should pull it up.

It seems to be a browser security issue, this is an "HTTPS" secure site, and the links on PB are plain "HTTP", The browser sees that as a redirect to an insecure site, and does not do it. But the pics are still there in general if you do the right click thing.

I expect PB is just being a pain because they can. I am pretty sure the photos used to be at an "HTTPS" location.

I had to add the photobucket hotlink fix to my computer to see the photos. I can see your thumbnails on your post for the Rosie the Riveter - charming charm bracelet.

Just use IMGUR.

Until they fail, too.

I'd actually PAY IMGUR $5 a month to use it.

Shhhhhh…...

I logged in to PM at work, on a different computer, and I can see rivett608's Tiny Calipers photos with the photobucket embedded logo. This post began in 2005. I haven't found the perfect solution for me as it relates to photo hosting - so I am grateful that others share their photos though... Sorry, the Rosie the Riveter post was easier to find then the Tiny Calipers - I'm relatively new to the forum and still trying to find my way around the website.

Photobucket Fees seem excessive over a lifetime - (just an opinion if you are the owner of Photobucket!) Computers and cloud services are pretty inexpensive but I haven't figured out how to control and limit access to the albums with one service. It would be painful for a longtime contributor with a lot of posts to re-upload photos for past content. I think Imagur allows anyone to download your photos, so I have not used this service.

In my work world and 'hobby life' I positively detest subscription models for software. I would rather pay my fee up front and only pay for upgrades as I need them. I am paying only one annual subscription fee to one company at work, and like a post in Rivett608's de-acquisition topic that decision to pay that subscription was solely based upon revenue stream. The question is for anyone with photobucket ransom conditions... if you pay the ransom, can you write it off?

SalemRule, I think PM users can upload photos to the site at the preset time. However, rivett608 posts would have to be edited if he used IMAGUR and that is a lot of content to redirect the photos to the new host location.

SalemRule, I think PM users can upload photos to the site at the preset time. However, rivett608 posts would have to be edited if he used IMAGUR and that is a lot of content to redirect the photos to the new host location.

I'm no expert, that's for sure.

But there is a lot to like with IMGUR.

Free.
No Watermarks.
And you can upload multiple pics at once.

All I know is this latest problem must of been a photobucket thing because they are back up now. I didn’t do a thing.

I will never understand all this computer stuff! I prefer to play with 100 year old metal tools.

All I know is this latest problem must of been a photobucket thing because they are back up now. I didn’t do a thing.

I will never understand all this computer stuff! I prefer to play with 100 year old metal tools.

The best problems are those that fix themselves.

:D

Back