What's new
What's new

Identify lathe could be from 20s to 50s

Hammi52

Plastic
Hi;
I have a lathe 20s to 50 era I am trying to identify. I would like to post some pics, but I am not sure how to. There are no tags or decals,other than it has a gear case cover that says Monarch, however from what I remember this is not original to this machine,nor is the forward/rev banjo. It works fine, but is not original. My father bought it in St.Louis, Mo. about 1960--1965, used, as a "Toolroom" lathe. The back gear lever is on the chuck end of the headstock. It has a 3 step flat pulley,driven from the top with a flat 3 step pulley thru a lever clutch to a flat 2 step pulley to a flat 2 step motor sheave mounted behind and below the headstock. The bed including headstock is 60 inchs long with a swing of 5" to 5.5" center spindle to bed. If someone can tell me how to post pics I will. I am a newbe in case you havent figured that out yet.
Help anyone
Randy

...6to4 on its a South Bend........did you do any research,like looking at the Lathes uk site..............people are allowed to do things for themselves,you know.

If you'd like to post pics you can do it a couple ways...
I like to hotlink them from Facebook or Imgur
For example you'd upload the image to FB
Then go to the image, right click, copy photo url/link
Then when you post it in here, just type [img ]paste your photo link[/img ] with none of those spaces, and your picture should appear. Good luck!

If you take pictures on a digital camera set the camera at the lowest pixel settings. Then you can call me and I can help you over the phone on how to do it. Hopefully you know how to down load them to your computer. If not ask a teenager or 20 year old to help you. When I have issues I ask my 30 yr old son...

If someone can tell me how to post pics I will

Assuming they are already on your computer and you can actually find them, this works for me

Go Advanced
Scroll down to Manage Attachments
Follow thru on uploading them as thumbnails

Like so

Attachments

• leblond_1917a.jpg
    leblond_1917a.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 93
If you take pictures on a digital camera set the camera at the lowest pixel settings. Then you can call me and I can help you over the phone on how to do it. Hopefully you know how to down load them to your computer. If not ask a teenager or 20 year old to help you. When I have issues I ask my 30 yr old son...
Or even,these days,your 3 year old!

Back