What's new
What's new

Identify this machine

i know its not but it makes me think of a blanchert stock carving machine

The two large drums for mounting cams means it's an automatic something, all right. I was wondering if it might be a wire-former of some kind, like an early version of a four-slide machine.

It's too bad there isn't a better photo of the turret-like part with the apparently spring-loaded spindles.

The two large drums for mounting cams means it's an automatic something, all right. I was wondering if it might be a wire-former of some kind, like an early version of a four-slide machine.

It's too bad there isn't a better photo of the turret-like part with the apparently spring-loaded spindles.

Interesting that is has 2 cams not just 1. It’s a very cool looking piece that’s for sure

One picture shows a collet holding a small part. The collet is on the end of a spindle mounted in a headstock. So automatic screw machine makes sense to me.

R. B. Phillips bought Critchley Machine Screw Co., Worcester, MA, founded by J. Verner Critchley, (1872-1975).

DSC02721 (2).jpg Iron Age - Volume 103, Part 2 - Page 1406 - Google Books Result

https://books.google.com › books
sb_safeAnnotation.svg

1919 · ‎Hardware

I wonder if the machine was old when Critchley or Phillips bought it.

Larry

Back