What's new
What's new

Info on Sajo Uf-48

A quick Google found this: Sajo | store.lathes.co.uk

Tony Griffith operates that site and is a member here too. He has provided a wealth of information for free on his website. Buying a manual would be a way of helping him continue to do that.

BTW: what are the electrical power requirements on it? European machinery is often different.

Hi Chevynova and welcome to the forum,

I've got a 1951 Sajo UF 48 milling machine in my workshop. Made by Sandéns Mekaniska Verkstad, Vaernamo, Sweden the UF series were universal milling machines - you can use them both as vertical and horisontal machines if you've got the necessary equipment. Today this machine seems a bit primitive, feeds only 1 plane. Vertical head is not so sturdy and needs support for heavier jobs. In Sweden they were delivered with 380/400 V 3 phase motors. Primary transmission via 2 V-belts with 2 stepped pulleys which gives you 2 primary speeds. 3-stepped pulley for flatbelt intermediate shaft and 2 speed gearbox give you a number speeds to choose from. Feed gearbox is driven by 2 v-belts with interchangeable pulleys.If the brass plates with speed tables still on the machine they should give you necessary information. Vertical head accepts tools with MT 3 for drawbar and horisontal drive is ISO 40 with drawbar through the spindle. If your machine is in good condition I think you will find it to be of good quality. No rocket science here - if you take your time I think you will figure out all the functions.

I have a description and specification, more like sales brochure and also service instructions and spares list, but no operators manual. They are in Swedish. If TonyLathes cannot supply instructions in English, PM me your E-mail and I'll see what I can do.

Lars

Last edited:
Sajo UF 48 Service manual?

Hello,

I have been scouring the internet for a manual and parts list for this machine; mine is a 1952 model. The type is a UF-48m, and the machine number is 1953. If you know where I can get a manual and parts list you will have made my millenium. I'm sure there's no way to get parts, but if I can see them, I can make them to fit my machine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, KP Mullins

Hi Chevynova and welcome to the forum,

I've got a 1951 Sajo UF 48 milling machine in my workshop. Made by Sandéns Mekaniska Verkstad, Vaernamo, Sweden the UF series were universal milling machines - you can use them both as vertical and horisontal machines if you've got the necessary equipment. Today this machine seems a bit primitive, feeds only 1 plane. Vertical head is not so sturdy and needs support for heavier jobs. In Sweden they were delivered with 380/400 V 3 phase motors. Primary transmission via 2 V-belts with 2 stepped pulleys which gives you 2 primary speeds. 3-stepped pulley for flatbelt intermediate shaft and 2 speed gearbox give you a number speeds to choose from. Feed gearbox is driven by 2 v-belts with interchangeable pulleys.If the brass plates with speed tables still on the machine they should give you necessary information. Vertical head accepts tools with MT 3 for drawbar and horisontal drive is ISO 40 with drawbar through the spindle. If your machine is in good condition I think you will find it to be of good quality. No rocket science here - if you take your time I think you will figure out all the functions.

I have a description and specification, more like sales brochure and also service instructions and spares list, but no operators manual. They are in Swedish. If TonyLathes cannot supply instructions in English, PM me your E-mail and I'll see what I can do.

Lars

Back