Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Info on Sajo Uf-48

I just bought a 1953 Sajo and desperate for info.
    Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A quick Google found this: Sajo | store.lathes.co.uk

Tony Griffith operates that site and is a member here too. He has provided a wealth of information for free on his website. Buying a manual would be a way of helping him continue to do that.

BTW: what are the electrical power requirements on it? European machinery is often different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can download the manual here and find plenty of other info about them on their forum:

Downloads - SAJO UF 48 & PF 49 servicemanual • Maskinisten

Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Chevynova and welcome to the forum,

I've got a 1951 Sajo UF 48 milling machine in my workshop. Made by Sandéns Mekaniska Verkstad, Vaernamo, Sweden the UF series were universal milling machines - you can use them both as vertical and horisontal machines if you've got the necessary equipment. Today this machine seems a bit primitive, feeds only 1 plane. Vertical head is not so sturdy and needs support for heavier jobs. In Sweden they were delivered with 380/400 V 3 phase motors. Primary transmission via 2 V-belts with 2 stepped pulleys which gives you 2 primary speeds. 3-stepped pulley for flatbelt intermediate shaft and 2 speed gearbox give you a number speeds to choose from. Feed gearbox is driven by 2 v-belts with interchangeable pulleys.If the brass plates with speed tables still on the machine they should give you necessary information. Vertical head accepts tools with MT 3 for drawbar and horisontal drive is ISO 40 with drawbar through the spindle. If your machine is in good condition I think you will find it to be of good quality. No rocket science here - if you take your time I think you will figure out all the functions.

I have a description and specification, more like sales brochure and also service instructions and spares list, but no operators manual. They are in Swedish. If TonyLathes cannot supply instructions in English, PM me your E-mail and I'll see what I can do.

Lars
    Last edited by HendeySwede; 02-14-2019 at 03:57 AM. Reason: correction