Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face Kearney and Trecker Model D

I am looking for information on Kearney and Trecker Model D Rotary Head Milling Machine. Any and all information is welcomed. I found a thread early that seems to date it to 1925.

The Serial number is 58-1006-05-0

I know that it has:

460 V
    3 phase
    60 cycle

I am new to all of this and would love explanations on what everything means.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyW View Post
    I am looking for information on Kearney and Trecker Model D Rotary Head Milling Machine. Any and all information is welcomed. I found a thread early that seems to date it to 1925.

I know that it has:

460 V
    3 phase
    60 cycle

TIA
    Check your serial number... Should be on the column facing you... I think this machine came out in about 1939.. You may find information here:Kearney & Trecker Co. - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org

Cheers! Ramsay 1

Post Thanks / Like

That is the late format for serial, so a recent effort

Lot of 12 AFTER May 1969 - which is the latest date on that page, but for a previous lot - 1003

Last lot of 2D machines was 1007, also undated

This info on page 58-1 in the lot book

Thumbnails are scans from a brochure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan-03.jpg   scan-02.jpg   scan-01.jpg   scan-04.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The 2D is a die makers mill. They had several attachments. It's a rotary head mill. I have one that I haven't had the opportunity to use yet. There I'd good information in publication reprints and a 1950s company video that has been put on utube. Watch the video. You will be impressed.
    Collets are near impossible to find They only fit that machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mllud22 View Post
    The 2D is a die makers mill. They had several attachments. It's a rotary head mill. I have one that I haven't had the opportunity to use yet. There I'd good information in publication reprints and a 1950s company video that has been put on utube. Watch the video. You will be impressed.
    Collets are near impossible to find They only fit that machine
    Some 2d mills came with B3 spindle which is similar to R8 using a drawbar... The B3 collet is smaller than R8... I suspect my machine came with B3 spindle and somewhere along the line was opened up to R8... I use R8 collets and endmill holders in mine and they work quite well...

HERE is the 1955 movie "From Print To Product" from Kearney and Trecker which I acquired from an old K&T employee many years ago.. Thanks to Ed for posting: Kearney Trecker 2D Tool and Die Mill Jan 14, 1955 16mm Film - YouTube

Cheers: Ramsay 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyW View Post

I know that it has:

460 V
    3 phase
    60 cycle

TIA
    58-1006-05-0 = lot of 12 produced November 1970... Ramsay 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Questions about your d mill

I have a couple of photos of the serial number book I will put here thanks to ramsay1. I have a couple of questions for you about your machine does it have a coolant pump or just factory cover over the hole ? And does yours have a corrugated rubber hose for the coolant return to the base ? Do you have any pictures of the pump if it is installed? My K&T d model has a number of 58-1004 06 feb of 1972 number 6 of 8 yours appears to be nov 1970 5 of 12 Thanks ed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20f8c8bb-61e6-4eb4-a847-34fc09fda9d4.jpg   f2aadc3d-a6e0-402b-8ed6-f4b987f4c86e.jpg   38611c41-8322-4b49-a809-cada8144f5ee.jpg