What's new
What's new

Keller Contacts - Can Anyone Use Them?

duckfarmer27

Stainless
Included in a tool chest that I bought was the normal kind of miscellaneous items. This one left me scratching my head. I did ask one member if he had ever seen these, and he had not. Probably of no use to anyone. But on the off chance someone could actually use these, let me know and I'll send them along. Otherwise I guess into the scrap bucket.

Dale
Keller1.JPGKeller2.jpg

At least I know what they are and I know I don't need them. A local surplus dealer had several Keller tracer probes in nice mahogany cases years ago. The cases were more useful than the probes. Maybe these contacts could work in low voltage, low current relays or switches. Perhaps they are similar to the points used in gas engines.

Larry

I'm interested, several occasions I've needed to replace contacts on something and didn't have a solution. Last time was centrifugal switch in a little motor. Ended up disconnecting and help it start by hand.
With some new little contacts like that I could fix it properly.

Grigg

Included in a tool chest that I bought was the normal kind of miscellaneous items. This one left me scratching my head. I did ask one member if he had ever seen these, and he had not. Probably of no use to anyone. But on the off chance someone could actually use these, let me know and I'll send them along. Otherwise I guess into the scrap bucket.

Dale
View attachment 199863View attachment 199864

Until these newfangled computerized systems, almost all ignition systems used tungsten points, as well as a lot of relays. Someone who rebuilds antique magnetos might use them. I don't do much of that sort of thing anymore, otherwise I would want them.

Bill

Larry - well at least you know what the thing looks like. I've only seen pictures.

Bill - I had not thought of using them for old points. I might keep a couple in case I have to get creative on something. But a couple years ago I did score an old ignition parts cabinet that was full of NOS from the late 30s. Hopefully I'm set in the points department for the old stuff.

Grigg - Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll point the mail mule towards VA. I'll hang on to a couple but send the rest to you.

Dale

Attachments

• Circular No. 495  BG3  M1721.jpg
    Circular No. 495 BG3 M1721.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 60
  • M1721 Specs.jpg
    M1721 Specs.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 49
The little "house organ" pub from P&W Machine Tool 80 Active Years dated 1940 shows a Mr. A. S. Keller had been on staff for at least 10 years

Wonder if this is actually Sidney A. Keller as in JR's link above

Back