What's new
What's new

Rebuilding Cincinnati tool Master Mill

RClark

Plastic
I'm new to this site and was hoping for some advice.I am nearing the end of a Tool Master rebuild And have found 2 gears stripped inside the cross power feed unit. I was hoping that someone might have one that has been scrapped with good gears. Haven't had any luck with Cincinnati parts but figured that would be cost prohibitive any way. Thanks Rick

I got a good price on my toolmaster years ago as the feed box on the power feeds were broken fortunately in my case the gear shaft broke not the gears so I simply bored out the shaft from the gear and made new shafts. No chance you are as lucky?

The problem with the machine is if the the trips for the power feed aren't st right you go crashing into the table with 1/3hp of force, so this seems to be a common issues. At the same time I must admit perhaps using a variable feed on the Bridgeport has me spoiled but I am wondering if it may be better to retrofit a bport style power feed with varispeed? I am pretty sure it would have the power. It is so nice to just dial it in till the cutter is running nicely as opposed to the traditional shifter gearbox on the toolmaster. I think if my feeds were trashed I would think of doing things differently than going thru the effort of fixing them.

I'm thinking the same thing. Does any body need the power feed i have? The motor is good and the gears could me made.The end of the shaft was broke is what caused the brass gears to strip.I am in the process of installing new bearings in the quill. How do i install and preload the angular bearings. I cant find anything on this in the manual.This place is great,tons of useful info here from experienced hands on people.

Back