What's new
What's new

Kent Connecticut Show

wrongwayrick

Plastic
Was at the spring show. Quite a place and if your anywhere in the area very worth going too. I wish I could be there again. My favorites were probably the antique towable air compressors which were not running and a couple out back not on easy display. Quite the collection for sure. Best to the good folks at Kent. Regards, John.

Nc5a and I are are hitching up our husky dogs tying up our pet moose and ventureing Down for leaf peeping cider doughnuts and the KENT show. Mr Warren Jones is sliding down from Cow hampshire my brother and a couple of other gentlemen with nothing better to do will be there too. Sunday we are headed up to Windsor Vt and the American Precision Museum. Then the rest of the week I be boxing up some of my treasures that have been stacking up I’m my brothers garage for shipment back to to the great land. Then if we haven’t ended up in Jail by then. I going up to State o Maine and vist with Brother Terry and see if the old Steam Lombard is real or fake news :) plus enjoy real bake been hole bake beans.and no we not packing nc5a Cincinnati attachments in out carryons

Was my second time there. This spring the folks running the food tent were great. I told them it would of been a better show if they had a polka band and a beer tent. It was in a good natured kind of jab. At the end of the day they were getting ready to go had two for one sale and slipped me an "Old Irish Bastard". Thought it tasted terrible but I thought the gesture was total midwestern great. Great show and great people all the way around from members to visitors. Wish I was going to be there. Regards, John.

I go every year. It made me real proud to see how excited my two-year-old daughter dot when watching the big steam engines turn.

Other highlights from the show it looks like they got the majority if not all of what used to be at Bergen Tech school. I was talking to one of the guys at the show who said it all showed up a week or so earlier and was a very new addition so next year I suspect they'll have a lot more of it set up and running.

Other fun new thing to watch was someone set up a fully electronic steam engine indicator that displayed on a computer screen. It was pretty neat to watch however the diagrams didn't look like any of the ones I've seen in the book. They were really jagged and unusual in shape. My suspicion was with the engine running completely unloaded may have had more to do with it than any issues in the valve gear. None the less that was the first time I had seen such a setup done on a real engine in operation.

By the way another show in the area (maybe 20mins from CAMA) that isn't as well known on Oct 19 Topland Farms is having their annual show. I only found out about it last year. The place is like a Jay Leno's garage of fully restored farm tractors including last year 3 operating steam tractors. No swap meet there like CAMA but equally worth going to.

Back