What's new
What's new

Kent-Moore Tools

I'm coming up to retirement so I've been sorting out my tools. I have a really good adjustable peg spanner that I bought from an army surplus place a few years back. It says " Diff Adjust Nut 1937 Models J 972 Kent-Moore ", " Made In USA ". Any body else got one and can you throw any light on who " Kent-Moore " were ?

I also have a brilliant double ended mini crowbar about 7" long. This one says " K-D No 287 USA ". Anybody else come across one of these ? Who was " K-D " ? I found this gem when I was taking down some metal offices many years ago.

Regards Tyrone.

Kent- Moore tools are top of the line diesel engine/ heavy truck tools also specialty tools for automotive repair.

Kd is a top line tool line sold by the chain of NAPA stores.

Kent-Moore made/make all the special tools for Detroit Diesel engines among many other customers. KD makes wrenches and other hand tools similar quality to Snap-on.

Thanks guys, can I say that both tools are very nicely made and are almost un-breakable. The have that real quality design and workmanship that the USA was noted for in those days. I've just been on the K-D site and my little crow bar is still being made and is actually a " drum brake adjusting tool ". I cut it down when I found it because it was a bit un-wieldy for my uses. Regards Tyrone.

Kent Moore made/makes all the GM automotive special tools, the ones that when you read their repair manuals it says 'use J-xxx tool' to do this job. Well made stuff, both my dad an I have used alot of it over the years. Most of it is so specialized that unless you have the books to cross reference the number you won't know what they fit.

Back