What's new
What's new

KO Lee surface grinder BA 960 need help on proper luricants, Manual if possible

D.spencer

Hot Rolled
Hello all, I have a KO Lee BA 960 surface grinder that needs the lubricant in the reservoir replaced and I am puzzled as to what is correct . The reservoir is for the table to move in the "X" axis (as in right to left), The lubricant that is in there is reddish in color and I could swear it is transmission fluid. My inner voice tells me "way" oil is what should be in there. Strangely, I have had this machine for a long time now and it has sit unused ( despite all the stuff I got with it) but, I am now wanting to tinker and try it out. One thing I did not get was the owner's manual with it and I can buy one for about 70 something with the issue being if it is not correct I have wasted my money as it is a digital copy that won't be refunded. Does anyone know of the proper lubricants and / or, have a owner's manual ?

Might be something useful here, all free downloads

K. O. Lee Co. - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org

Thanks, I have already checked that out and the only owner's manual they have is for a model way different than what I have. They have the parts manual ( which I have) but, not the owner's manual. I was lucky enough to get the color brochures from that era with it along with the pricing from then- even has the supplier (Marshall supply and equipment) phone number as LU 4-5273 , 920 E. Archer- P.O. Box 1320, Tulsa, Oklahoma, ( no zip code)

I am presuming that you also checked out the on line manuals at the Leblond site but incase you didn’t here is the link .
Parts Manuals - LeBlond Ltd.
I didn’t check too closely but maybe you could find something close here .
If not maybe if you emailed them they could tell you what the lubes are with out having to buy a book.
Regards,
Jim

Thanks for the link, I have already tried that too, and it seems that almost everything I ever buy is not in production anymore, company out of business, or the manual is only available now for purchase at some ridiculous price :willy_nilly:. Such is life . I have gotten quite a few from free downloads but that one is not. I will call them today and see what can be found out.

Back