What's new
What's new

Koett tool post grinder help

CC

Aluminum
I've acquired an old tool post grinder made by KOETT UNIVERSAL. Nothing shows up in GOOGLE searches. This thing is a very well made piece of equipment. I'm looking for a manual as well as any other info that may be available. thanks in advance.2015-11-02 23.50.55.jpg2015-11-02 23.49.07.jpg2015-11-02 23.49.45.jpg

update on Koett Universal Inc. Grinder

I also have a Koett type K tool post?? grinder and would like a manual too or any other information. Thanks.
Bob L

An update on the Koett grinder, I googled Koett Universal Inc. and found some information on the grinder at VintageMachinery.org | Welcome. It is just a short history of the short lived company but enough information to give you an idea how the machine was used.

And another update, if you go to the patent link provided at VintageMachinery.org the patent application provides a good description of the inventor's ideas of how the grinder can be used. And of course patent drawings. It seems like it could be a pretty "universal" tool particularly for a home shop machinist now.

It is too bad I am missing a quill for external grinding, mine has an assortment of collets for mounted grind stones like used on dremel or larger hand grinders.

No wonder they went bust.... the thing is WAY too well-built. Dovetail vertical adjustment? Yowza!.

Koett tool post grinder

It is beautifully built, and really heavy. I won the grinder in a auction maybe 20 plus years ago and it has been on a shelf until a few days ago. I could never find any information on it until a few days ago. I guess I never tried too hard either. Now I will try to find some kind of "job" for it just to use it. I did use my Dumore 14-011 tool post grinder on my lathe to clean up a Jacobs taper on a friends drill chuck, that worked well but I really hate using grinding tools on my lathe. Maybe I could figure out a way to use the Koett grinder on a LeBlond #1 cutter grinder that is missing most all it's tooling. It has been sitting in a corner for 15 years doing nothing.

Probably.... I have a Greenfield T&C without the head, and use a Dumore 44 as the head. The original head was driven from an overhead belt, and was not much help.

Back