What's new
What's new

Komet W00 insert chart

Froneck

Titanium
I have been using the Komet W00/W01 type insert in a Komet boring bar of various sizes. Wanting to try it for turning I purchased a tool holder with a few inserts on ebay. I'm not familiar with the Komet numbering system and would like to get more inserts but have no idea how the numbering system works. Anyone have information on charts available so I can determine what inserts are available? I tried googling but get no where! Good photos but nothing about the code meaning.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I did go there and still looking. The guy I purchased the right hand turning tool from listed a few of the inserts he had that are supposed to fit, I purchased them too. Insert number W00 50360.0460 R.B. P2-8004-R-BK. About all I know is that the R prior to -BK is right hand. Other inserts I use in boring bars have the L. But I don't know what the IC is, the point radius or the rake angle. These inserts have been giving me great surface finish when used in the Komet Boring Bar. When I want more I simply look for the same number. I purchased the holder to turn Stainless Steel long length between centers and want to experiment. I have been using 55° diamond in various styles as recommended by MSC but none have worked as good as a brazed carbide tool bits that I have reground with sharper point and larger rake. The link I used didn't decode the number though it has photos of similar inserts.

Back