What's new
What's new

Kuhlmann Pantograph GM II/3D 50 years old and Brand New

magman36

Plastic
Hi Everyone,

i just wanted to show this extremely rare find, i purchased it from the grandson of the original owner, the company was closed for 20 years before the grandson reopened it, a Brand New 50 + years old Kuhlmann Pantograph, it still has the grease on the ways when i got it, the paint is original, only the handle is broken, it came with the stencils and accessories, just thought you would like to see it since this is a ounce in a lifetime find.

20201105_154457.jpg20201105_154510.jpg20201105_154532.jpg20201105_154539.jpg20201105_154552.jpg

Hi Larry,

The reason i estimated it to be that old is that i wrote to Dominic Michna, he's the Managing Director at Kuhlmann-cnc, i asked him if he could estimate the production year and he estimated it to be 1960's, im basing my claim on that

kuhl.JPG

So what can you do with a pantograph besides lettering/numbers? I used to see them sell regularly on military auctions (20-30 years ago), always surprised me as to what they sold for, never got one myself.

So what can you do with a pantograph besides lettering/numbers? I used to see them sell regularly on military auctions (20-30 years ago), always surprised me as to what they sold for, never got one myself.

I made antique telephone parts:D

10 to 1 templates are fairly visible, but the little Nickle Silver things made from them are hard to see

Scan 01.jpg

Magman36, nice machine! Do you happen to have a manual for yours? I have the same machine (not as nice as yours!) and am planning to start cleaning it up and using it this winter now that I’ve moved it into a conditioned shop. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Numbers on EDM carbon electrodes....I was in a shop where this "old timer"
Sat a similar one all day long with the flip down visor magnifiers on.
I inquired what he was doing, he showed me the electrodes.

Those 2 row (IIRC 15 pin) computer connectors ?
He was making the numbers next to them, EDM'ing them into the plastic mold.

5b8eeeb52407b195286f2bebbaaf0e94.jpg
Will this unit perform this type of 3D engraving reduction for medallion dies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back