What's new
What's new

L-W Chuck Co Diving Head restore

RCPDesigns

Hot Rolled
I got this guy when I was picking up the Cincinnati Tool Cutter Grinder. It was stored in a barn but said barn was only a step better than outdoors. Fortunately it came apart easily and was in good shape internally.
I have another L-W dividing head like this one (same size) but this one is left-hand drive and matches my Hendey horizontal mill.

5L64Aqq.jpg

okmvnhx.jpg

A short soak in Evaporust, a little scrubbing and same paint and it is ready to go. I plates 1-3 from the other dividing head and was able to pick up 4,5,6 and 7 off eBay last week.

naWvBdu.jpg

4y3kIDS.jpg

0m0P8Wl.jpg

Nice.

Mine is a 3" (6 inch diameter capability) swing without the table drive gears or the outer support. That had 7 plates? I have three for my version, and it seems complete.

Evapo-rust did a good job. That was just a hair short of seriously scabby before cleaning.

Last edited:
Thanks! Evapo-rust is crazy good though pretty expensive at about $20 a gallon. I think the heads came with 3 plates but there were additional plates available. I saw some on eBay and had to buy them because absolutely no good reason. Should they fit your model and you need them for a job, just PM me in the future.

yaA2oOQ.jpg

Back