What's new
What's new

L00 4 jaw chuck

Froneck

Titanium
I like haveing a few different size chucks for my lathes. Jaws vary so I want to have a few different sizes that will fit the work I intend to machine. Purchased a really nice Horton, Division of Skinner 8" 4 Jaw chuck. Type that has no back plate and spindle taper machined in the casting. Chuck is like new has seen little use, I stamped the jaw numbers on the OD, original are on the Face. Only to find it's L00 not L0 that fit's the only lathe I have with L taper. All the others Have D1 type spindles,so I can't use it! Anyone interested? If not I'll machine the L00 taper off and put a back plate on. Also I have another chuck with what looks like L1. Seem to possibly be a drive plate fitted to the chuck. Not sure of the brand, I didn't look at it long enough but if anyone is interested in a L1 taper let me know, I intend to remove it and put on a D1-6 back plate.

Not getting your PM's for some reason. Also tried sending an e-mail through PM site - strange. Not sure of best way to communicate.

L00 Chuck is sold, shipped and delivered. I still have the L1 back plate, it looks to be a modified face plate or drive plate. $30 plus $14.75 shipping. Taper is in great shape, first thread is rolled over in a few places but it's the leading edge so it's not an issue. Will make a great back plate, lot of material to machine to fit.
All other chucks I posted also have been sold and shipped.

Back