What's new
What's new

Landis lathe information

MetalCarnage

Stainless
A Landis 12" x 40" lathe showed up on my local Craig's List and while the name kind of "rings a bell" I don't know if/or remember ever seeing one.

The price is kind of OUT there as well. Here is the ad (I'm not trying to help sell it and have no idea who owns it -FWIW):

[h=2]Landis 12X40 lathe - $6000 (Columbus NE)[/h]
landis01.jpg

landis02.jpg

landis03.jpg

landis04.jpg

landis05.jpg

Very heavy duty old landis lathe works and runs good but I have no use for something that big. $ 6000 obo

Comments?

-Ron

I have a similar 16x72 from 1942......by then they had "Microsphere" bearings..........but for some reason these machines always had small wheels for the size of machine..

Some sellers put an extra digit in the price. A few sellers put in two extra digits. This seller thinks his machine is so special there are three extra digits in the price.

Must be having a wet dream asking that much for it! Or thinks he's going to get that much for it.:o

A LOT of "machine ignorance" in this part of the country. There just aren't a whole lot of machines to begin with and very few have training/knowledge of them. You'd think that the internet would help set prices though...

-Ron

The catch with old grinders is they can be a useful machine or heavy scrap metal with 1/8" wear in the ways from lubrication failure and grit infiltration......All the steadys would need to be there too.

Back