What's new
What's new

LeBlond 32 X 96 lathe at HGR will need TLC

Froneck

Titanium
I see another lathe at HGR Leblond 32 X 96 with lost of extras. Probably has E size quick change tool post, Steady rests and tool holders. Looks to be a tracer lathe but has all the other components needed to make it an Engine Lathe. Item number 0819-154-0001 Last Chance price $1,515.00 weight 25,985. I talk to Marshall Michaels, he's my go to guy but any salesman will do. Might be able to make an offer and get it for less. Just a note since I've listed a few machines here at HGR, I have no affiliation with them, any sales will not benefit me in any way. I simple go to their site often looking of stuff that I can use and if I see something I think is worth mentioning I will so as to get someone here a good deal! Simply put it would be something I would make an offer on if I had the room for it!

I've been so close to putting an offer on a couple of sub $1500 K+T 415 S-15 horizontals they have had up with prices dropping and dropping and dropping..... but the ~10k weight is what has me squirm, as would the 25k on that. Despite the heavy haul I'd be into using 2 forklifts with a beam between them as a calculated lift...then trying to skate it into permanent residence.

One thing you can pretty much trust their weight as a good accurate figure.

I gotta stay off that site if I want to preserve my paycheck or shop space :D

Beats me why no link in opening post - scroll down to bottom, its second from left

Used Machinery & Industrial Equipment | HGR Industrial Surplus

Member Joe Michaels could probably tell us how many New York State Electrical Utility Facility mega bucks were spent at Yancey getting one of these out sized Servo Shifts useful again - by eliminating all SS parts - and that was just a plain one - not a gizmoed to death tracer lathe

I don't see much on that lathe that need to be altered. On most tracers the compound is altered but this one looks normal. I'm thinking the tracer works like a taper attachment. I doubt it will be hard to convert. If I had room I'd make an offer! I did make a few offers and now have a 1A W&S turret lathe, very late model Japanese hydraulic turret lathe a P&W I think model B 12" lathe and a Reid Prentice lathe. Reid has issues, the input shaft with clutch, Vee belt pulley and other components have been removed but are included. However it does have a Steel 15" 4 jaw chuck. I probably have a full truck load with other item I have. Yeah I know I'm addicted, should take-up drugs instead, probably cheaper!

Back