What's new
What's new

LeBlond Regal - What is this part?

S4cruiser

Plastic
Hi all -

Super new member here and hoping someone can help. I’m in the search (well have been for a while) for a lathe in the 13/15” x 30/50” size and found one locally that I plan to go inspect one day this coming week.

It’s a 15” later model manual shift regal 7 series with a single phase motor. What’s got me curious is the motor like piece that is attached to the backside of the carriage.

Is this some sort of a coolant pump. Would this be a LeBlond specific optional accessory?

Cheers and thanks for the help!
Jon

47328051041_b2978267a4_z.jpg

After doing some searching, it looks like the pump portion of the hydra-trace system. Guessing pretty useless without he the accompanying compound.

never seen the pump mounted on the saddle before.......suppose it beats having long hydraulic lines to a floor mount pump and tank..........must limit the fluid capacity though......Ive got a couple of tracer units,and they only have small motors,nothing that big.

never seen the pump mounted on the saddle before.......suppose it beats having long hydraulic lines to a floor mount pump and tank..........must limit the fluid capacity though......Ive got a couple of tracer units,and they only have small motors,nothing that big.

I looked through every LeBlond publication I could find and while I did see adverts regarding the hydra trace system, none included pump pictures. There is this ebay listing for a hydra trace pump and it resembles (generally) the pump pictured above.

LeBlond lathe HydraTrace Attachement hydraulic pump Motor regal hydro trace accy | eBay

Hopefully I get a chance to take a look at the machine this week.

Back