What's new
What's new

Leinen MLZ4S pulley problems

Sven Staar

Plastic
Hello everyone,

I've got a Leinen MLZ4S lathe which came with the wrong motor. And most likely, the wrong V-belt pulleys. Can anyone tell me which size pulleys are supposed to be on the motor?

Here is the more complicated problem. The flat belt pulley in the headstock is making inappropriate noises. I suspect the pulley has a bearing and possibly a planetary gear (or some sort of gear) in it. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Assuming the noise is coming from a damaged part in the pulley, how do I remove the pulley? Can anyone supply an exploded view of the headstock or a repair manual or photos or something? The user's manual doesn't do into depth for repairs.

Thank you all,
Sven

For sake of anyone needing this I formation. The flat belt pulley does have a bearing in it. It’s a rather unique bearing with what looks like a center row of spacing balls. While the original may be no longer available I suspect a they will have an alternative, however I suspect it will be costly. I was unable to find any common equivalent with similar dimensions so I am opting for cleaning and reuse.

See Spindle Bearings - Universal Kugellager Fabrik GmbH

My lathe has one listed as UKF - K70 - DRP - XTX

D71F20D9-AB81-4CCF-AAE8-76D68890E14C.jpg

Back