Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Lempco Crank Grinder

Hello I’m new to the forum so I may not be in the right place. Please let me know where to go if I am. I would like to know if anyone has any info on a Lempco crank grinder model TKG 48 I bought it a few years ago and would like to find a manual or anything for that matter. I have been all over the internet looking and can’t find any info or pics of that particular model. Thanks in advance for anything you guys can help with. Matt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Temple2426:

Welcome to the Forum.

The LEMPCO (Lake Erie Metal Products Company) Model TKG48 Crankshaft Regrinder appears to have been introducted circa 1950. It was made
    in two sizes, 42 inches and 48 inches between centers with a swing of 14 inches. Another model, the NKG, would take 50 inches between
    centers and swing 20 inches. I bought my TKG48 from a friend who was upgrading to Storm Vulcan and he knew that I wanted a grinder for
    the occasional crankshaft job I did on my own equipment. Until my friend bought his grinder, the nearest grinding shop was about one
    hundred and twenty-five miles away. Since I paid only a few hundred for it, fully tooled, I have saved on fuel costs several times over.

I had the blueprint company make a copy of the Operating Instructions (57 pages) on heavy paper and comb bind them. Because of time
    constraints, any smudge marks were not removed using any computer methods,I simply wanted a good copy for use in the shop. I did not
    copy the Parts Book. I plan to go to the blueprint company later this week and if you would like a copy of each book I will have them made for you. If you will contact me directly at: [email protected] I will get you a quote on what it will cost to make up these items.

Hendeyman

3. Likes cyanidekid, Paolo_MD liked this post