What's new
What's new

Looking for Machinists and or Tool & Die Makers - Retired or Otherwise!

Apostle

Aluminum
Looking for Machinists and or Tool & Die Makers - Retired or Otherwise!

I'm a retired optometrist with a serious hobby of precision machining.

I've always enjoyed working on machinery and would like to befriend any experienced machinists who would like to talk about and share some of their knowledge.

I build small engines, both steam and gas. I have a fully equipped machine shop at my premises. Would like to talk to and learn from some of you old timers (like me).

I live in Charlottesville, VA, near Foxfield, in Western Albemarle County. If you live nearby let's chat!

Mike
Apostle10 at spamarrest dot com

Hello Mike- Welcome to the forum. You will find that there is a HUGE store of knowledge plugged in to this site. Read and learn. There is someone here to answer nearly any question. Someone here has made just about any mistake you can dream of. Pictures are most appreciated. Regards, Clark

Welcome to the forum, Mike.

There's nothing like having someone who can lend some help in person to show you the ropes. There stands a decent chance you will find someone here who lives nearby, and can be of assistance. That said, you've got the world at your fingertips here, and a massive knowledge base to bounce ideas off of.

Perhaps there's a model engineering or antique engine club near you. That would be a good way to be able to network locally, and perhaps gain you borrowed access to machines and tools you otherwise wouldn't have. Happy tinkering!

Hi Mark

There are plenty of retired marxist' and toy makers on this site that will be glad to help. Sorry to hear that you have gas...it happens.
Welcome to the forum.....I am thinking of seeing an Optometrist soon. lol

Welcome Mike,

I am a retired diamond tool maker. A majority of my experience was in specialized diamond lens tools for optics. I participated in the production of several contact lens tools for companies like Allergan, Ciba, Bausch and even some for local Optometrists who had their own lens lathe setups.

Good to have you in the forum.

Best Regards,
Bob

Back