What's new
What's new

Looking to Sell an Old Wade Standard Precision Bench Lathe

CWC(4)

Cast Iron
I've had this No. 3 lathe for quite some time in the hopes of getting it back up and running.
I'm realizing that I'll probably never get to it as priorities change. I figured there might be more interest here, than in the for sale section.
I never had the drive unit for this, the person I got the lathe from never had it either.
Pictured is what I have for it, bed, headstock, bed turret, "half open" and closed tailstocks, nice precision cross slide and compound, pretty much a full set of collets (a larger 3C shown with them for size), production cross slide, steady rest, misc tooling and Wade catalog that shows the specs. I may have a couple of other pieces of tooling somewhere, but this is the most of it. Too much for me to deal with shipping, so it will have to be picked up locally. I'd like $525. for everything.
Thanks for looking. I'll add more pics in another post below.

Wade Latheand CFO Reel 012.jpgWade Latheand CFO Reel 013.jpgWade Latheand CFO Reel 015.jpgWade Latheand CFO Reel 016.jpgWade Latheand CFO Reel 017.jpg

Here are a few more pictures of the lathe parts accessories, etc.
Everything seems in good condition, just needs to be cleaned and gone through.
Catalogue has a few minor issues, loose cover etc.
Thanks,
CWC(4)Wade Latheand CFO Reel 020.jpgWade Catalogue 001.jpgWade Catalogue 002.jpg

I found two more pieces that go with the lathe, a shop made thread protector & spindle thread gauge, and another catalog. The catalogue is for the same lathe, only sold by Covel ( I think Covel may have bought out Wade at some point).
I will entertain reasonable offers for the lathe, as I would like to move it along.
ThanksIMG_7475.jpgIMG_7476.jpgIMG_7477.jpgIMG_7478.jpg

Apologies, I thought I already posted these collet photos.
One picture shows the difference in size of these Wade collets, compared to a 3C. They are about/almost the same diameter, but the 3C is a bit longer. I believe these Wade collets are specific to Wade lathes as the threads are .630 - 20 and are Buttress threads. In comparison, the 3C is .639 - 26, w/60 deg. threads.
There are a half a dozen hex collets, one square one and a dead center collet in the lot of 48 pc. set. There is no draw bar with the lathe, but included with the collets is an adapter that goes from the Buttress thread to the .639 -26 3C thread, so a more common draw bar tube can be used to make up a hand wheel/draw bar. Collets come in the metal case shown that is not original to the lathe.
Thanks
CWC(4)
IMG_7480.jpgIMG_7481.jpgIMG_7483.jpgIMG_7484.jpgIMG_7485.jpg

Back