Lucas Horizontal Boring Mill going to Tuckahoe . . . - Page 21
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    Looks about the same size as my Kearns OA type, so guesstimate of 4 tonnes.

Nice looking machine, even missing the rear support (and top rotary table??) still well worth saving & putting back into use.

PDW
    I could be wrong but I think that most of those machines didn't come with a built in rotary table. They did usually come with an outer support but It's amazing how many go missing. Same goes for the boring bars.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I could be wrong but I think that most of those machines didn't come with a built in rotary table. They did usually come with an outer support but It's amazing how many go missing. Same goes for the boring bars.

Regards Tyrone.
    You're probably right - I was thinking someone had removed it and it'd ended up a welding table or similar.

I had a line on a 24" rotary table a few years back and was planning to take off the indexing/rotating square table on the OA & replace it with the big RT. However freight and my lack of serious interest meant it never happened. Can't say I care a lot.

At least I got the outer support with mine. First thing I did was take it off & park it up the spindle end out of the way :-) No boring bars though. I can make them if I ever need one. Currently I use that machine less than I thought I would but that's mostly because the work that fits on the S type, goes on the S type. That one gets a fair bit of use.

PDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    You're probably right - I was thinking someone had removed it and it'd ended up a welding table or similar.

I had a line on a 24" rotary table a few years back and was planning to take off the indexing/rotating square table on the OA & replace it with the big RT. However freight and my lack of serious interest meant it never happened. Can't say I care a lot.

At least I got the outer support with mine. First thing I did was take it off & park it up the spindle end out of the way :-) No boring bars though. I can make them if I ever need one. Currently I use that machine less than I thought I would but that's mostly because the work that fits on the S type, goes on the S type. That one gets a fair bit of use.

PDW
    I wish I had a £10 note for every bar I've seen thrown in the skip over here. They were the real deal normally, hardened and ground by the makers. They must have cost a few £ to make in the day. It's only a 5 minute job to remove the revolving top table on the old " Kearns " machines.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John Oder, whereabouts in Oklahoma is this machine David is trying to unload? I'm just curious what part of Oklahoma it's in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE. View Post
    John Oder, whereabouts in Oklahoma is this machine David is trying to unload? I'm just curious what part of Oklahoma it's in.
    West side of Tulsa. Post #394 gives location of poster as Sand Springs

Here is the new thread

David's 4" Bar Lucas HBM near Tulsa

6. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just finished up reading about this multi-year project. Nice work, Archie! Now I want to visit Tuckahoe.