What's new
What's new

Marking out table

Overpriced? Think about what it would cost to make a duplicate of equal quality and sophistication !!!

I'm guessing that the side slots are specified to be perpendicular to the top, within some tolerance, and likewise the ends are specified to be at a right angle to the sides, etc.

A scraper's challenge, to say the least!

The vendor is a scrappy , Ive spoken to him before and he hates to destroy good stuff. Unfortunately he over values things so its impossible to buy

Yeah, he's only out by about £2000.

Regards Tyrone.

I am not so sure ,big T slotted tables are expensive things ,fabricators buy them.

It is a beauty ,I would say it is more likely to be used as a test rig rather than a marking out tabe ,where I used to work they had quite a few similar things which they would bolt parts of Turbine generators and similar such mechanical things like train motors and gearboxes ,the T slots were vital to tie everything down while tests were performed ,this Daimler table was probably used for erecting engines ready for test. Certainly wants saving ,a piece of history.

Regardless of what it was originally used for, or the fact that I would have few uses for it, like above, if it were anywhere near me I would gladly pay that price. What a find!

Regardless of what it was originally used for, or the fact that I would have few uses for it, like above, if it were anywhere near me I would gladly pay that price. What a find!

Thats £ not $

When a bae/marconi factory near me closed in the early 2000's the local scrappy(he cleared it) was offering 10x5 and 16x8 grade a tables for £800 to £1000. Naturally the only takers were light fabrication firms who make gates and the like.
At the time I had a tiny 1000sq ft workshop and couldn't justify it or llift anything that big onto it

It need,nt necessarily be in the way-you can keep plenty on it,and under it!

I worked at a place that had fallen on hard times and the work force had shrunk considerably. They had top class marking out/inspection tables all over the place. Labourers were using some them for painting machinery on and they had paint all over them. Very sad.

Regards Tyrone.

Back