What's new
What's new

Marvel #8 with 12 speeds!!!

PCFree50

Plastic
I got my "new" Marvel model #8 home and realized it has a gear-box built into the motor with four ratio speeds. I have heard of the two-speed motors and the single speed motors. I have never seen one of these 4 speed motors yet it isn't something added later as the placard listing the speeds of the machine has the 12 different speed options listed. Anyone seen this option before?
IMG-2217.jpg
IMG-2218.jpg
IMG-2219.jpg

That is nice. :cheers:
It is not a multi speed motor though, it is a 1 speed motor with an attached gearbox that needs to be shifted. Now if you swapped out the motor portion of that with a 2 speed motor you would have 24 speeds :eek: Minus any duplicate speeds. You have 2 ways to get 60 fpm, so technically its only 11 speeds ;)

That's very similar to a unit called a Lima Drive that was built in the 1940's? to convert lineshaft driven machine tools to on-machine motors. I have an old Bliss punch press with one of the Lima Drive units on it. Very handy.
It IS a Lima drive. Says so on the tag. They sold units new to manufacturers, as well as for aftermarket conversion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back