What's new
What's new

Master specialty co. Center locator

stevewatr

Stainless
Has anybody ever used one of these?

Recently saw one posted for sale, and was intrigued. But it appears to be unique to this company, perhaps it was their entry into an improved way to do something we were already doing quite fine without this?

I am trying to figure out if It is worth owning one ; )

4247e00ebb842bca5d8d3eda3ec86745.jpg

Sent from my LM-G900TM using Tapatalk

I tried the search function on the pm forum but no dice. I wonder if archived posts are outside the search function?

Steve.

Hi Steve, i recently got one in an auction lot, mine had the manual hope it helps
20210816_203452.jpg
20210816_203422.jpg

Hi Steve, i recently got one in an auction lot, mine had the manual hope it helps
View attachment 327144
View attachment 327143
This is starting to make sense now. Had no idea about the optical aspect of it.
Appears to work like an optical center I have combined with a drill bushing set.

That paperwork looks like Ral Mikes "toll o rama".

Thanks for sharing.

A bit off the subject and don't want to steal the OP's post. Came across a video on youtube, seen something that had a 3 or 4 jaw chuck attached. Looking for something interesting to watch I ran the video. Was a stupid video of some guy making something from wood. Wondering why the photo on the subject had a chuck I watched it for a little while often fast forwarding to get to the end. Quite a few holes he drilled on a drill press. What was interesting since I have never seen it was some kind if laser light source put a red 90°ish angle so that the lines went 45° left and right, the intersection was at the spindle center. Could have possibly been a complete X and I couldn't see the other 1/2 and since he wasn't selling the light it was only there while he was drilling holes. Not the most accurate center finder but good for a drill press. Yeah I seen what junk the guy made, first was a wooden jig saw, then something else as I fast forwarded looking for a complete item made with a chuck, A wood lathe made with wood! I don't have the site but if I see it again I'll post it if requested.

Last edited:

Back