What's new
What's new

Mike Savad - photographer and period machine shops.

Joe in NH

Diamond
I recently discovered Mike Savad who takes black & white photographs and "augments" them with colorization to create a very pleasing and detailed "period reproduction" picture. One of these may even find its way into my shop.

Yes, this is a plug, but I have no interest in this other than my personal interest in industrial art.

Mike's Website Mike Savad - Official Website and his machine shop pix at Mike Savad - Job - Trades Wall Art

machinist-lathes-mike-savad.jpg

This obviously a pix of the smaller Putnam Lathe at Hagley Museum. Savad has done other shops including Edison's New Jersey factory, Smithsonian, and the Greenfield Village.

There is a seller on Ebay who currently has Savad pix, framed and ready to go. See https://www.ebay.com/usr/newparts4u?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Joe in NH

Joe,
I’m not sure if I should thank you or not? These are really neat prints and I can’t decide which one I want ! I am going to see if there is a discount if I purchase several.

I checked out his website and the pictures are really something to look at! They are beautiful!! I wouldn’t mind having a canvas print which he does offer .. but come prepared as the prices are not for the weak hearted... most of the prints in the $40 range are small ... I would prefer something you can stand back and enjoy without squinting... a 24” x 16” on canvas is $311.00 ... the 36” sells for over $500.00

Back