What's new
What's new

Milwaukee Die Filer

Old Iron

Hot Rolled
About a year ago I pickup one and it didn't have the arm, But it was cheap so I got it. I just picked up another one to get the arm from. Don't know what I'll do with the rest of it.

The reason for this post is to try and get a manual for it, I did do a search and all I came up with was old threads about a manual. If-n anyone has a scan or PDF of one I would like a copy. Willing to pay cost.

Thanks
Paul

I used to have one of those, looked around for a manual, then decided the thing was so simple I didn't need it.

Sold it off and got an Oliver, same deal, I could get the manual for the Oliver, but why?

I suspect very much that the Milwaukee, of which mine was probably from about 1925 at most, really didn't come with much of one anyway. They weren't as "big on" manuals back then.

I also have one Milwaukee die filer back in the shed, not running. I think it's all complete. I bought it about 12 years ago from a friend. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. During those years, I've bought three nice old Olivers, which are all running and get a fair amount of use.

As far as I can tell, the Milwaukee is a good sturdy machine. I don't have the time or bench space right now to get it running, and a fourth die filer isn't a priority.

I've got what passes for a manual for the Milwaukee die filer - just a few pages. Email me (or PM with *your* email address) and I'll send a copy out.

As an aside, I contacted Milwaukee about docs for the filer and got back a diagram of what looked like a Sawz-All with a file mounted where the saw blade goes on today's model.

Mike

Does the die filer have an oil pan? Mine has a spring loaded oil area and in the base a plug. Any idea what weight oil and how much to add? I bought used (obviously) but no manual. Got a new belt and it seems to got up and down but I don't want to run it for too long without oil if it indeed needs it.
Thanks

You resurrected a thread that's over a decade old...

The mechanism in the file moving box is a fascinating piece of machinery... look up pictures of how it works.

Practically any oil between 10 and 90w will work... but I'd stay closer to low-middle end.

Back