What's new
What's new

Mini Drill press

That sort of drill would have been in a factory making tiny mechanisms or an actual watchmaker's shop, not in a run of the mill jewelry store/watch repair shop. For that reason, such machines are rarely seen. I have a G. Boley (German) drill and used to have a Schaublin (Swiss). Neither is anything like the one in the first post. The few remaining USA-made machines from the many American watch factories (all gone for decades) are spread out in a few museums and private collections. The USA-made miniature drills for general use will mostly have various size Albrecht or Jacobs chucks suited for bits as large as 5/32 inch or so. Some USA-made drills used 8 mm collets. The watch factories tended to use spade drills of many tiny sizes, but with one size shank that fit a single size integral collet in the drill spindle.

Larry

It is a very well built machine and I guessing it was not made yesterday although it runs as though it was
I make jewellery these days so it will get used. Would love to find out more about it I have contacted the Australian Horological society hopefully some one
there may have some knowledge. Looking at the spindle I would say that is how it is set to take the one size shank

If you're going to use it you just need to figure out what size shank and mount a little drill chuck in it.

It's a really nice looking little machine.

Back