What's new
What's new

monarch 16CY manual

marka12161

Stainless
Hi,

I just bought a mnoarch 16 CY x 54 and am in need of a manual so if anyone can email me a copy, i sure would appreciate it.

I've still got it on the trailer and need to lighten it before i pick it off. As near as i can tell from the archives, this thing weighs about 6150 lbs without the motor. This one came with a taper attachment so i assume i need to take of as well to get it down to fighting weight. My chain hoist is rated at 6000 lbs so if i take the tailstock off i figure it'll be right at the 6000 lb mark.

Mark

I have the same machine and it masses just on 2600 kg on the hook, FWIW.

Also got a manual but it's not really worth the bother. OK maybe the exploded assembly diagrams might be useful at some point. Never have been to me, they're not complex machines.

PDW

Very similar machine - less than 5K for the 30" centers. I imagine they gained a little in the war years

I have the same machine and it masses just on 2600 kg on the hook, FWIW.

Also got a manual but it's not really worth the bother. OK maybe the exploded assembly diagrams might be useful at some point. Never have been to me, they're not complex machines.

PDW

Attachments

• scan 01.jpg
    scan 01.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Scan 02.jpg
    Scan 02.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 77
  • scan 03.jpg
    scan 03.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 82
Hi Mark,
I would not be worried that your chain hoist is rated for 6000 lbs, what is your building rated for?
Dave

Building is fine. 6 x 6 laminated posts holding up a W8x31 I beam over a 12 ft span. by my calculations, beam will deflect less than an 1/8 inch with 6000 lb load at the center. I know the chain hoist/trolley have significant margin but long-formed habits won't let me cheat the ratings.

Back