What's new
What's new

Monarch lathe CW 18 x 54

Custommachining

Cast Iron
I just picked up this lathe. It came with a carriage travel dial, Monarch's version. I do not often see this attachment on older Monarch lathes. I think John Odor has a CW 16 x 102 that has one. I know of no others.

Attachments

• 20201124_131833.jpg
    20201124_131833.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 111
  • 20201124_131840.jpg
    20201124_131840.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Mine mostly lays on the floor - you can't have both the thread dial and that on at the same time (Though from the looks of yours maybe I am wrong about that)

CW manual can be emailed if you want to Private Message me that address. Its just the very slim pub they offered in those days

Here are the specs before they stuck on the leading "C"

scan 01.jpgScan 02.jpgscan 03.jpg

Thanks John Oder, much appreciated. I'm lagging on responses due to the interference of my schedule. The Monarch isn't home yet but it's only 10 minutes from my house. Once I get it home I'll have my 17 year old son start the cleaning process to determine what we have. He knows the drill well. I'll take more and better pictures then. Thanks again John!

Thanks John Oder, much appreciated. I'm lagging on responses due to the interference of my schedule. The Monarch isn't home yet but it's only 10 minutes from my house. Once I get it home I'll have my 17 year old son start the cleaning process to determine what we have. He knows the drill well. I'll take more and better pictures then. Thanks again John!

Glad to do it :D

Back