What's new
What's new

Moore Jig Borer 1 help needed desperately!

GBewley2

Aluminum
I am trying to get a 1946 Moore Jig Borer #1 up and running. I have the operations manual but not the parts and electrical diagrams. The electrical is what I really need. Can anyone help me and as soon as possible? I’m willing to pay if anyone has a link to a downloadable version of the full manual!

Desperate!

Thanks,

Glenn

Thanks, Richard. They are a two speed motor with a GE controller...use 3 buttons (off, hi, low). I’ve got a friend who is a retired electrical engineer coming in and just thought the diagram would be good to have. I appreciate the reply and if we don’t have luck this afternoon (or nobody else answers with a diagram) I may well take your suggestion!

Glenn

I've got it up and running now. Thanks everybody, and especially Richard King.
Hi,
I’ve got a Moore too. It was built in 1954. Trying to get it running in my garage. Did yours have a step up transformer on it (220v to 440v)? I tried a VFD but that really make the transformer loud. Just curious what your path was.

Thanks

I have a 440 step up transformer for a number of machines in the cellar machine shop, and a 230 v to 550v in the wood/metal shop in the barn. Both transformers fed from a shop built 3ph rotary converter.

It's not complex to do, especially if you have 3ph to start.

However, if as someone else said, you only have an on-off switch and the motor is single speed, i'd just change the connections in the motor terminal box to 220V, and pay a few $$ for slightly larger heaters for the increased amps. You might have to increase the contactor size, i don't know that machine, but suspect not. Up grade a few wires if indicated. But for one simple machine. changing the starter and possibly wiring is going to be cheaper, easier and less nuisance over time.

smt

Back