What's new
What's new

Moore Jig borer spindle movement

Froneck

Titanium
I Posted a topic requesting information on connecting the unused 3rd axis of my DRO to my spindle movement. I guess the 3 axis DRO was purchased with that in mind and they couldn't find a way to do it. However looking at ebay I see a few Moore Jig Borers that have a dial indicator connected to the spindle. Was there some kind of attachment for that? I tried zooming in on the photos but most are made to show the entire machine and can't get much information from the photos. Anyone have any information on that attachment?

Thanks Mike, I guess they use something in place of the key cover. I seen 2 (I think) Moore Jig Borers on ebay with that item. I know there was one maybe 2 boxes with the ring other parts missing that were for Moore Jig Grinders. I assume when using that device some travel is lost.
Frank

The two holes in the spindle nose retaining nut can be threaded, and a bracket made to attach there.
That nut can be removed and returned without disturbing the spindle bearings, with a pin spanner, not a punch and hammer.
There is no other way.

donie; I was thinking of doing that. In another topic about replacing the bearings someone said the retainer is threaded left hand which will tighten in the direction the spindle is turning. Could be a way to attach a digital scale, I have an unused third axis in my DRO.

I added one of the Mitutoyo cheap caliper type scales on this Moore, by cobbling together this mess, but it works.
I have seen regular "small" DRO scales attached to the quills, this appears to be the only way of doing it.
aVB0aJc.jpg

Back