What's new
What's new

Morris Horizontal BoringMachine

EarlF

Cast Iron
This perfectly good machine with little wear will be going to scrap soon. If someone can use it and wants it they can save it. Located in Santa Paula, CA 93060.

A series 61 monarch 13x30 May also be available.

This perfectly good machine with little wear will be going to scrap soon. If someone can use it and wants it they can save it. Located in Santa Paula, CA 93060.

A series 61 monarch 13x30 May also be available.

Pm me with email for pictures. Just can’t do it from my iphone

Thanks to C Clement, here is a description of the machine apparently about the time of its introduction in 1919.

Attachments

• railwaymechanica93newy_0372.jpg
    railwaymechanica93newy_0372.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 176
Just an update on the Morris Horizontal Boring Machine.After a whirlwind 1,400 mile roundtrip drive in 33 hours, we managed to get the Morris to its new home in Utah. I wish I could have spent a couple days with Earl and Steve as they both seem to have had very interesting lives so far. We had guesstimated a weight of 7,000 lbs for the mill but when we set it on the trailer the axles went to the frame. Pulling off some of the bigger parts and putting them in the bed of the truck helped but we were much closer to the max capacity of the trailer than I normally like to be so it was a slow pull home. For reference, the counterweight hanging off the back is 14 inch diameter by 22 inches long and is solid cast iron, we estimated it right around 1,000 lbs itself. I realize this is as small a horizontal boring machine as you'll find but it maxed out my current resources.

If anyone has any information on a Morris Boring Machine I'd love to hear from them. I found the above article but it was all I found in several hours of working google to the best of my abilities.

Thanks again Earl.

Craig

20190720b.jpg20190720_122350[1].jpg

Back