What's new
What's new

Muggli vise

jasaw

Aluminum
Hey, I'm looking for a Muggli Mfg. milling machine vise. I know this is not the want and for sale forum but, I thought I might give this a shot as I had no luck posting it there before. I'm a relative to the brothers who designed and built these vises back in the 50's and I would very much like to acquire one. They are the what the modern day kurt vise was patterned after. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jason

A photo might help people ID what you are looking for. Is that the Kurt look alike that had a yoke around the whole vise? Not sure I have seen a Muggli vise.
I'd still like to get one of the Duv-lok vises but have never seen one in the wild.
Andy

The first two pictures are of the drawings submitted to the patent office and the last one is of a vise the was sold sometime ago. The model is A50 or A60, I do believe the 5 is a 5 inch vise and the 6 is a 6 inch. I don't have any of these vises these are just what I found on the internet. From what I was told when they produced them in Minneappolis and later sold there machine shop and moved to Glen Ulin, ND where they had a small machine shop which they later sold out. At the time there were some vises at the shop but they were sold out as well. That was 30 yrs ago.

Hey, I'm looking for a Muggli Mfg. milling machine vise. I know this is not the want and for sale forum but, I thought I might give this a shot as I had no luck posting it there before. I'm a relative to the brothers who designed and built these vises back in the 50's and I would very much like to acquire one. They are the what the modern day kurt vise was patterned after. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jason

I know this is a really old thread, sorry to bring it back from the dead. I was researching a muggli a50 vise I recently purchased and stumbled upon this thread. Still looking for one?

Hey jsaw,

I have a Muggli vise that I'm restoring, it came with an old Bridgeport that had sat in a barn for 25+ years. I could be persuaded to part with it for the right price.

I have a Muggli vise. I use it all the time. Seems to work very well.

I’m not sure what model it is but I will check it out. It still has the original nameplate.

Back