What's new
What's new

Museum of Our Industrial Heritage Videos

Interesting stuff, wheels. I never knew of it until about a week ago when someone on the Garage Journal Forum posted a reference to an old film on the history the Millers Falls tool plant. Now I see there's much more to the site.

Tom B.

I had occasion to be in this building prior to their occupancy by MIH. At the time it was being "renovated" as office space, to include installation of grid suspended ceiling in an area formerly used for machine production.

Did you know shafting/hangers/pulleys make an IDEAL tie off point for the wires supporting the overhead grid? One could see the machine outlines and attachment bolt holes in the grey plank flooring - paths worn around each machine.

One imagines that some of the overhead shafting is still up there. Including the Brown & Sharpe "small size" (7-1/2") clutch which was the object of my affection. My inquiries on purchase were not responded to by the developer.

IMHO, they should have saved the expense of the ceiling grid and left it as they found it as "ephemera." Clean it up certainly - a pressure washer and Formula 409 could have done wonders - and then a coat of paint on the painted beaded paneling ceiling.

I have since been in touch with MIH regarding information of the LARGE SIZE Little Giant Dies and Die holders. (The 4-1/2" size) They are not aware of larger sizes which was my inquiry. Their graciousness appreciated.

Joe in NH

Back