What's new
What's new

My new beast! Manuals? Yale g83c-050-sat-083

FoxyRoxys

Plastic
Hi there,

I just bought this Yale propane powered slant6 5000 lbs. lift yesterday.
Got it for real cheap because it won't drive (fwd or rev). It starts right up and the forks do what they're suppose to (after 5-6 seconds of asking lol )

I'm brand spanking new to forklifts, I'll only use this thing maybe twice a month to remove and install small rv generators. I have been unsuccessful in tracking down a service manual for it. I don't even know where to begin to diagnose it.
Any help or direction you can provide would be great!

Here is the model number: g83c-050-sat-083 I didn't get the serial off it, but its legible if I need that too....

I'll answer any question you have if it helps me get this beast running.

Start by making sure there is fluid in the diff/trans (assuming its a shuttle shift), if it has fluid and still does not move, you might be in for a world of fun, hope you got it below scrap price. Short of being lucky and someone here having a manual, keep an eye on ebay, something close to it might work too.

Yes,make sure oil fill in tranny is up,then there is a good chance something will happen.......or at least a noise of clutches engaging.........lack of drive can also be a broken axle,not likely,but possible..I have worked on forklifts for 40 years,but seen very few Yales..Assume Eaton ,Yale & Towne are makers,they also used other brands like "Trojan"and Eaton........Any forklift manual is notoriously difficult to find online ...free..........If its a leaker,find a source of used screw compressor oil..its high grade hydraulic...and a big Sullair or like has 40 to 50 gallons of oil changed every 1500hrs.

I will check tomorrow, sometimes I get lucky but most of my repair work is based on part breakdowns. S/N is just as important as the model number.

I didn’t have any luck in my library. If you are the fleabay thrifty type and need part numbers for few things pm me. I can normally look them up pretty quick.

From the model number it's a gasoline powered, cushion tire machine. Does it have 2 brake pedals and a fwd/n/rev shift lever on the left side of the steering column ? Pictures would help. If the fluid levels are ok, the 2 pedal machines have a declutching cable connected to the left side pedal and then to the trans. If this cable is stuck, the trans is essentially in neutral. I have the same machine in the 10k version.

Back