What's new
What's new

My new Walker Turner Drill Press

Bologna

Plastic
I've got good news and bad news.

The good news: Just got this drill press and I'm pretty excited about it. The drill press has to weigh close to 1,000 lb, but check out that cast iron table. I've never seen one like it and it's got Walker Turner cast into it so I can only assume it came with the drill press. It needs a bit of cleaning up, but that's half the fun! The only actual problem with it is that the rack worm drive has had the worm gear stripped out, so I'll have to find someplace to get one at. Probably Boston Gear, but I may have my friend with a 3D printer print me one and see how well that works. I doubt I'll be moving the head much anyways.

The bad news... Now my wife is complaining that there's not enough room in the garage which means I'll have to start getting rid of something. Probably my Rasmussen power hacksaw because it's got the highest size to use ratio.

Attachments

• DP1.jpg
    DP1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 153
  • DP2.jpg
    DP2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DP3.jpg
    DP3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DP4.jpg
    DP4.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Time to build a shop and make it your man cave. Then it won't matter to anyone but you as to what you put in it and how much room you have...Don't ask me how I know this.. Cheers.. Ramsay 1:)

That is cool. That's one heavy table. Since you can't move the table you may find that you move the head more than you expect.

Sorry, I just reread my post and realized it was accidentally misleading. The drill press as a whole is about 1,000lb including the table. Not that it makes much of a difference.

Time to build a shop and make it your man cave. Then it won't matter to anyone but you as to what you put in it and how much room you have...Don't ask me how I know this.. Cheers.. Ramsay 1:)

Looks like you lucked out with an abnormally understanding wife! I think mine might have a few words if I told her that's what I needed for my hobby...

Wow... if it came down to a choice between The Wife and a power hacksaw that would make for a very uncomfortable discussion. You might follow Ramsay's advice and get that standalone shop in place and avoid such discussions. ;)

Back