What's new
What's new

Nebel model LN 18" lathe - service manual?

Dope

Cast Iron
I picked up a 1951 Nebel lathe - Model LN with an 18" swing (actual swing close to 20"). I managed to find some brochures and such for this lathe, but no actual service or parts or even an operation manual for it. I figured if anyone had one to share, it would be in this forum.

20201101_214514.jpg

20201109_162755.jpg

20201109_162829.jpg

20201109_162856.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Dope

If that's the one I'm thinking of, you got a killer deal on it.

Probably is. $400! Doesn't even appear to have much if any wear, flaking is evident all the way up to the chuck. Even came with a VFD and a quick-change toolpost.

Dope

That's the one. Way too far away for me. I am a bit envious though, we spent more money + a full resto (sans surface rebuilding) and still ended up with a shitty worn out lathe compared to yours. 8 speeds is a bit disapointing, but it should prove to be a very useful machine. And a VFD solves that con anyway!

That's the one. Way too far away for me. I am a bit envious though, we spent more money + a full resto (sans surface rebuilding) and still ended up with a shitty worn out lathe compared to yours. 8 speeds is a bit disapointing, but it should prove to be a very useful machine. And a VFD solves that con anyway!

Yup! I just got lucky, I was only maybe 65 miles away. I rented a trailer, drove on over and he forklifted it on. People were calling him asking about the lathe multiple times while I was standing there!

Dope

I found a fellow who used to work for Nebel and he had a lot of paper on them plus parts. I got a copy of the manual for our 24" lathe from him. Monday if I remember I'll try to get his address if he is still alive.

I found a fellow who used to work for Nebel and he had a lot of paper on them plus parts. I got a copy of the manual for our 24" lathe from him. Monday if I remember I'll try to get his address if he is still alive.

That would be amazing, thank you!

Dope

Try Charley Falls 513-385-8960 for parts & service. Nebel 513-514-4031. That's what I have but that was over ten years ago. Hope it helps. From what I remember Mr Falls was a former builder of the lathes.

Back