What's new
What's new

Need to find out some dates of manufacture

loggerhogger

Stainless
Well folks, I finally was able to get all of my stuff out of storage and into the shop this weekend. suddenly, that garage got a lot smaller!
Anyway, i have three items that i would like help in finding out when they were built. The first is a 16"X7' Greaves-Klusman flat belt lathe. I can't find the serial number,so if anyone knows the location, iwill post it as well. the other is a K&T Milwaukee #2HL vertical mill Ser#13-3226. And finally, A Canedy-Otto 21" camelback drill press Ser# A-1519.

All of these machines are in the process of being cleaned up, so I hope to post some pictures later when they are a bit more presentable. Thanks in advance for any help. Randy.

hey logger,

Could you tell me where you found your serial # on the Canedy? I also have a 21" camelback and have no idea where to start looking. Haven't started to remove the protective "coating" :D .
Should be getting my pile of motors back soon from shop, and will then be able to start finally powering up some machines.

Jim, Mine has on the front of the top spindle bearing a name plate that has the spindle speeds, and the serial number stamped in. You also might try looking on the side of the main casting if it is a different make.

I'm working mostly on getting the machines cleaned up, and painted. I won't be able to run them until I can get 220V power out to the shop. that might happen in a couple of years after we get a new roof put on :D . In the mean time, I have lots to keep me busy. I have to say though, that I can't wait to hear those old flat belts start to slap.

Randy, afraid I can't help with any of your machine dates but am glad you cleaned out your storage unit. Your old G&E shaper from it landed in my shop over the weekend and is settling into its new surroundings pretty well. Good luck with your shop project. Ed.

Ed, glad you got it. I hope you get many years of good use out of it. In case you're interested, It came out of weyhauser's Vale Washington shop. It was donated to the Mt. Rainier Scenic R.R., which is where I bought it. Enjoy!!

Back