What's new
What's new

Need help with id please! Unusual table screwed no name machinery made of cast iron.

Romak

Aluminum
Dear engineers.

I had this piece of machinery and I never knew what it was. It looks like a sewing machine or a hole punching machine, but it is quite a complicated piece. Weights about 20lbs and is about 16" long. I do not see any numbers of mold or any letters on the parts.

If you have any idea what this might be, that would be fantastic to know!

Thank you!

Regards, Roma.

IMG_4803.jpg
IMG_4805.jpg
IMG_4806.jpg
IMG_4814.jpg
IMG_4817.jpg

Do you wear or have a leather belt? Does it have hopes evenly spaced? OMG! My Daddy was a cobbler.
The second pictures shows the foot and the punch.

Do you wear or have a leather belt? Does it have hopes evenly spaced? OMG! My Daddy was a cobbler.
The second pictures show the foot and the punch.

I think you are right! I see closely and does look like a punch. It has a sharp round tube-like needle at the end.

So, all of that 20Lbs of cast iron screwed to the table is to punch holes in the belt! Wow! I wonder who would manufacture such a machine and what would be a proper name for it? Hole puncher?

My first thought was a circle cutter for leather. Before rubber, seals were leather. CR (seal maker) stood for Chicago Rawhide.

The needle-like pointing tube has a sharp edge. It looks more like a hole puncher then. I think. I am just not sure why would a tool for setting saw need such a pointer that goes up and down.

Back