Login to Your Account
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Need help to identify my lathe

Hi!

Just bought this lathe but i have no idea what i bought . Does anyone have a clue?

Old lathe - Album on Imgur

Best regards
    //Klyrre

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe it is English. They like the carriage feed wheel on the right side of the apron. And it will cut 12 threads per inch, but not 13. In the USA, very common 1/2 inch UNC threads are 13 TPI, but 1/2 inch Whitworth threads are 12 TPI.

Look at some of the nuts and bolts to see if they are metric or English (BSW or BSF).

In 1969, I bought a new Volvo 164 car and was surprised to see it had mostly American UNC threads on the fasteners in the Swedish parts, but the German-made components (brakes and steering) had metric fasteners. Don't know about old Swedish machine tools.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting gap bed with threaded spindle, seems like kinda of a odd combination. Also looks like it may have a clutch & brake going by the one lever lower right on head stock.

Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The lathe is still at the shop but i have sent an email to the guy running lathes.co.uk. It would be nice to know what make and model it is.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Id be thinking its Swedish....location,plates,and design ....Some Sewdish machines were common,Varnamo,the various drills,but oddly not lathes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe if you try a Google Image Search on Google.se for Something like Old Lathe made in Sweden but in Swedish, something that looks close may turn up.
    I tried this search
    Old Lathe Made in Sweden - Google Search
    One like yours didn’t turn up there but you can see there were several makers of lathe in Sweden that may not have been seen very often on the other side of the Atlantic although I know there were some imported into Canada at one time.
    You may get much different results if you try on Google.se or try similar searches for old lathes made in other countries close to you and see what turns up.
    Depending on your location and search history your results may display quite differently than if I or someone else tried the same search.
    Regards,
    Jim

7. Likes Klyrre liked this post